Parenting After Separation is free. The purpose of this course is to provide information to parents, guardians and other family members who are dealing with family issues as a result of a separation or divorce.
Information covered in this course includes:
- The emotional experience of separation for children and adults;
- How to support positive co-parenting and make decisions in the best interests of your child;
- Information about domestic violence and safety planning;
- Information about the separation process and how to access help, including mediation from a family justice counsellor;
- Legal terminology including guardianship, parenting arrangements, contact, child support and spousal support;
- Accessing court, how to get a divorce and how to get help or advice from a lawyer.